Personal Data Protection Act 2010 Consent
(hereinafter referred to as the “PDPA Consent”)
PERSONAL DATA NOTICE
In compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereinafter referred to as the “PDPA”) and its regulations, this notice is issued to all of our valued customers, prospective customers and/or visitors on this site (including but not limited to any related site, pages, application, platform etc.). This notice is to inform you about your rights with regards to your personal data that has been and/or will be, collected and processed by us.
1. Collection and Processing of Personal Data
We will collect your personal data to be processed by us and/or on your behalf in the course of your present or future dealings with WASTECH GROUP SDN. BHD. (Formerly known as WASTECH RESOURCES SDN. BHD.) (Registration No. 202001024061 (1380381-V)), along with our subsidiaries, affiliates, its associated company(ies), its joint venture partners, including but not limited to all of its shareholder(s), its director(s), its employee(s), its supplier(s), its contractor(s) and/or its permitted person(s) (hereinafter referred to as “we”, “our”, “us” or “WASTECH”). Your personal data enables us to achieve the Purpose as further detailed under Clause 3 herein, that are in connection with our business.
2. Description of Personal Data
The personal data that you will provide may include but not limited to your name, age, identity card number or passport number, address of correspondence, including office address, gender, date of birth, marital status, details of children and/or guardian(s), occupation, income range, contact information, including e-mail address, mobile number, house number, facsimile number, and office number, details of employer, details of dependents and/or family members, race, religion, beliefs, nationality, photo and etc.
The collection and processing of personal data includes but not limited to the following purposes (hereinafter referred to as the “Purpose”):
- Agreements and Arrangements
- Entry into necessary agreements, contracts, memorandum, contest, and/or arrangements to purchase the services or goods from us;
- Credit assessments and other background checks as deemed necessary or appropriate by us;
- Collection of outstanding payments from our clients under the agreements;
- Delivery of notice, documents, forms, and other documents under the agreements, contracts, memorandum and/or arrangements;
- Necessary performance of other obligations under the agreements, contracts, memorandum and/or arrangements; and/or
- We may use your personal data to contact you with newsletters, marketing, or promotional materials.
- Services and Goods
- Delivery of our main services or goods whether present or future, including but not limited to the goods on Wastech Grow, our goods and etc.;
- Client relationship management procedures whichever we deem necessary and fit;
- Client profiling activities in connection with our goods and services;
- Communication with you and delivery of information by email, telecommunication which includes but not limited to telephone calls or text messages or social media about goods and services offered by Class of Third Parties as further detailed under Clause 5 herein; and/or
- Such other purposes provided for in our particular goods or services offered by us.
- Internal Record and External (Marketing)
- Marketing of our goods or services to you whether present or future;
- For any of the Purpose as contained under Clause 3 herein, including but not limited to research, benchmarking, and statistical analysis; and/or
- Internal record keeping.
- Legal Compliance
- Prevention, hindrance, reporting of any crime including but not limited to fraud, bribery, and money laundering; and
- Compliance to any legal or regulatory requirements relating to the provision of our goods or services and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, order, by-law, guideline, circulate, code applicable to us or any associated, subsidiary, related to WASTECH.
The sources that we may obtain your personal data, includes but not limited to, booking forms, registration forms, online forms, agreements you have signed, name cards or any identity materials that you have distributed voluntarily; and business directory(ies) or listing(s) that you have purchased, rented and/or subscribed to share your information and etc.
5. Class of Third Parties
Generally, your personal data with us will be kept confidential. You hereby consent and authorize us to disclose your personal data to the following categories of third parties (hereinafter referred to as the “Class of Third Parties”):
- our associated, subsidiary and/or related companies of WASTECH;
- our business partners including business affiliates, retailers, distributors, agents, merchant that provide, supply, distribute or deal in general with our services or goods in connection with our business;
- our auditors, business consultants, accounts, lawyers, research assistants or other professional advisers and/or consultants as we deem necessary and appropriate;
- our sub-contractors or third-party goods or services providers as we deem necessary or appropriate, including outsourced property management or marketing companies or entities; and/or
- any person to whom we are compelled to or required under law or in response to a local or state or federal authority, industry regulator, enforcement agency, statutory authority, court of laws, tribunal, arbitration centre, commission or council or association legally authorized by law.
6. Your Obligations
It is obligatory for you to supply your personal data to us in the most accurate manner. Failing which, we are unable to process your personal data on your behalf and for the Purpose as stated in Clause 3 herein and all relationships created or to be created between us shall then be terminated and ceased to be in effect immediately.
7. Your Rights
- Right to Request Access to Personal Data
You are entitled to request access to your personal data that is processed by us with reasonable notice.
- Right to Request Correction of Personal Data
You are entitled to request the correction of your personal data which is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, collected and held by us with reasonable notice.
- Right to Limit or Withdraw Consent of Processing of Your Personal Data
You are entitled to limit our processing of your personal data by expressly withdrawing in full, your consent given previously, in each case, including for direct marketing purposes subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and within a reasonable time period.
- Contact to Make Inquiries and Complaints Regarding Personal Data
If you intend to exercise your rights in Clause 7 herein or to make inquiries or complaints regarding your personal data, you may contact the relevant department as follows:
Department : Legal and Compliance Department Contact No. : +603 - 5611 0181 E-mail address : email@example.com Postal address : Lot 34, Jalan Delima 1/3, Subang Hi-tech Industrial Park, 40000 Shah Alam, Selangor Darul Ehsan.
The security of your personal data is important to us and we strive to ensure such protection by using commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data. However, as there are no 100% secure method of electronic storage or method of transmission, we cannot guarantee your personal data’s absolute security.
9. Changes to this PDPA Consent
This PDPA Consent is effective as per the date set forth below and will remain in effect except with respect to any changes in its provisions in the future, which will be in effect immediately after being posted on this page.
If we make any material changes to this PDPA Consent, we will notify you either through the email address you have provided us, or by placing a prominent notice on our website.
10. Extent of Disclosure of Personal Data
Your personal data may be disclosed by a data user for any purpose other than the purpose for which the personal data was to be disclosed at the time of its collection, or any other purpose directly related to that purpose, only under the following circumstances:
- the data subject has given his/her consent to the disclosure;
- the disclosure:
- is necessary for the purpose of preventing or detecting a crime;
- or for the purpose of investigations; or
- was required or authorized by or under any applicable law or by the order of a court.
- The data user acted in the reasonable belief that he/she had in law, the right to disclose the personal data to the other person;
- the data user acted in the reasonable belief that he/she would have had the consent of the data subject if the data subject had known of the disclosing of the personal data and the circumstances of such disclosure; or
- the disclosure was justified as being in the public interest in circumstances as determined by the Ministry.
11. Other Information
This PDPA Consent is updated as at 28 November, 2023