(hereinafter referred to as the “Policy”)
At WASTECH GROUP SDN. BHD. (Formerly known as WASTECH RESOURCES SDN. BHD.) (Registration No. 202001024061 (1380381-V)) along with our subsidiaries, affiliates, its associated company(ies), its joint venture partners, including but not limited to all of its shareholder(s), its director(s), its employee(s), its supplier(s), its contractor(s) and/or its permitted person(s) (hereinafter referred to as “we”, “our”, “us” or “WASTECH”), we take pride in our reputation and our commitment in prioritising the values of transparency, integrity, impartiality, and accountability in the conduct of its business and affairs. Every director, employee, and person acting on WASTECH’s behalf plays an important part in maintaining this reputation and continuing to uphold WASTECH’s success.
In line with this commitment, we have put in place this Policy and procedures to provide an avenue for our directors, employers and persons acting on WASTECH’s behalf to disclose any improper conduct that may be illegal, unethical, corrupt, or otherwise cause damage to WASTECH’s reputation.
1. WHAT IS IMPROPER CONDUCT?
Conduct by or any of WASTECH’s director, employee and person acting on WASTECH’s behalf will be considered fraudulent, unethical, illegal, corrupt or conflicting with WASTECH’s internal policies.
Examples of improper conduct includes but are not limited to:
- bribery and corrupt conduct;
- fraud, theft, embezzlement or dishonest conduct;
- breaches of policies, procedures and applicable laws and regulations in Malaysia;
- any form of harassment;
- actions which can cause physical danger or harm to another person and/or can give rise to risk of damage to properties or assets;
- conduct which may cause financial loss to WASTECH or bring it to severe public disrepute or ridicule or is otherwise detrimental to WASTECH interests;
- conduct that breaches any obligations under WASTECH’s code of conduct or any of the policies and procedures;
- unethical sales practices;
- conflict of interest; or
- misuse of position or information which may result in profiteering.
This Policy excludes grievances, complaints or concerns about:
- matters which are trivial or frivolous or malicious or vexatious in nature or motivated by personal agenda or ill will;
- matters pending or determined through WASTECH’s disciplinary proceedings; and
- matters pending or determined through any tribunal or authority or court, arbitration, or other similar proceedings.
2. REPORTING IMPROPER CONDUCT
Everyone has a right to whistle blow any known or suspected incidences of improper conduct of WASTECH or any of its director, employee and person acting on WASTECH’s behalf. Reporting concerns can help WASTECH improve processes and solve problems quickly. Such individual is referred to as a “Whistleblower”.
3. HOW TO MAKE A REPORT?
We take whistleblowing seriously and your concern matters to us. We would like to hear from you if any of your disclosure is related to improper conducts or practices occurring within or related to WASTECH. Any disclosure can be made to any of the following dedicated reporting channels:
- Completing the Whistleblowing Form in accordance with our Whistleblowing Policy contained in our official website; or
- Report it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To facilitate an investigation into the alleged wrongdoing, where possible and applicable, the following information should be included when making a disclosure:
- brief description of the misconduct;
- the date and location of the incident;
- the identity of the wrongdoer;
- particulars of witnesses (if any);
- supporting evidence and/or documents; and/or
- other useful details to facilitate screening and action to be carried out.
Where possible, the Whistleblower is encouraged to disclose his/her personal details to enable the relevant parties conducting the investigations to contact the Whistleblower for further information:
- name; and
- contact details (email address and/or telephone number).
4. HOW DO WE HANDLE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY WHISTLEBLOWER?
We are committed to ensure that all disclosed information, including the identity of the Whistleblower shall be treated with strict confidentiality. Investigation will be carried out by the appropriate party. During the investigation, the investigator may reach out to the Whistleblower for additional information and/or documents to assist in the investigation. In the event the Whistleblower is not able to substantiate its allegations with reliable evidence, we will not be able to act on the report. Once the investigation has been completed, the findings of the investigation will be shared to the Whistleblower (to the extent we are able to share and except where the Whistleblower is not contactable).
Appropriate corrective or disciplinary action, up to and including termination, will be taken where a finding of improper conduct is made.
5. PROTECTION OF WHISTLEBLOWER
We are committed to ensure that Whistleblower is not disadvantaged in any way for raising genuine concerns about known or suspected improper conduct.
A Whistleblower will be protected from harassment, retaliation, victimization, and recrimination, where they make a report in good faith and where it can be demonstrated that there are reasonable grounds for the belief that improper conduct has occurred.
6. WITHDRAWAL OF REPORT
The Whistleblower who wishes to withdraw his/her report is required to write to email@example.com together with supporting reason(s) for the withdrawal. Notwithstanding such withdrawal, WASTECH reserves the right to proceed with investigation on the matters arising from the report.
This Policy is updated as at 28 November, 2023